All Events are Subject to Cancellation
Hope to see you “down on the farm”
Not sure where to bring your students for their next field trip? Come to The Dudley Farm Museum, have fun, and learn what life was like during the late 19th century.
Children participate in a hunt for items located on the Farm grounds, while other “hands-on” activities may include beating rugs, feeding chickens, washing clothes, moving hay and scrutinizing original and replica artifacts in the barns and house. And so much more!$4.00 PER CHILD $5.00 PER ADULT(PARENT OR CHAPERONE) Teachers, Teacher Assistants, and Aides –Free Interested? Please call 203-457-0770 or email email@example.com. We hope to see you soon.
May: The Great Give® is an annual, 36-hr, community fundraising event for local nonprofits serving Greater New Haven.
This year it is being held on May 5-6.
Participating organizations are eligible for additional funding from the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven depending upon the community support received.
Won”t you please give during this campaign?
Saturday, May 9, 2020 (Rain Date: Saturday, May 23)
We will host our annual Tag Sale and Flea Market. Rent a space to sell the “stuff” you no longer need or want, or come and buy something from The Dudley Farm. And we’ll be grilling hot dogs and selling donuts. Contact Jerri Guadagno at 203-457-0047 to reserve your space
Update: Grants Awarded
1. The Dudley Farm Museum received a $3,053 grant from The Guilford Foundation
to support the development of the Museum’s Interpretation Plan. The goal of this plan is to use the land, buildings and collections of the Dudley Farm Museum to explore the agricultural history of North Guilford, CT by developing an understanding of the operation of the Dudley family farm from 1870 to 1910, the roles/work of family members and the importance of farming in Guilford’s past, present and future. We are very grateful for this support!
2. Grants were also received from the 1772 Foundation in cooperation with the Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation to support our work on the Big Barn Project, as well as a grant from the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
to help fund the reconstruction of an icehouse and inclusion of public restrooms. These projects will add much to help us achieve our mission.
3. Thanks to a generous grant from the Summer Hill Foundation we will be able to complete several smaller projects this year at the Farm, including our reconstructed milk house and public restrooms.
4. The Dudley Foundation received a $5000 grant from the The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven which has allowed us to incorporate public restrooms into our newly (re)constructed ice house) .
5. $500 from the Guilford Savings Bank to help purchase blinds to protect our more delicate artifacts on display in the Farmhouse from harmful UV rays.
Show your support on Amazon Smile
The Dudley Foundation is a registered nonprofit with Amazon Smile. The next time you shop at Amazon.com please consider shopping through the Amazon Smile link and select The Dudley Foundation as your charity of choice. Visit Amazon Smile for more details.
Update: Big Barn Project
The structural work on the Big Barn is now completed. Why don’t you come by, look at our beautiful barn, gaze at our gardens—take a seat—maybe have a picnic. The Dudley Farm is a quiet space in this crazy world.
Available:Voices from North Guilford
Over eight years in the making, the book Voices from North Guilford has been published and is available for purchase at The Dudley Farm Museum. Click here for details.
The Dudley Farm Organic Garden Group
The Dudley Farm Organic Garden Group is being revised. No new meetings are scheduled but if you are interested in this please email firstname.lastname@example.org