The Dudley Farm - 2351 Durham Rd, Guilford, CT 06437


The Dudley Farm • 2351 Durham Rd, Guilford, CT 06437 • 203–457–0770
Home    Museum
History
 
   News &
Events
   Farm &
Gardens
   Farmers’
Market
   Event
Facilities
   Visit/
Sponsor
   Contact Us

Map of North Guilford, CT dated 1867.
 
Voices from North Guilford

Still Available…

Voices from North Guilford book cover
  

  


A Book Voices from North Guilford
Over eight years in the making, the book Voices from North Guilford has been published and is available for purchase.

A dedicated group from The Dudley Foundation worked on a collection of photographs, stories and historical accounts of life in North Guilford, Connecticut from 1850 to 1960. Included with each book is a reproduction 1867 map of North Guilford.

Books will be sold at The Dudley Farm Museum when the museum is open. The Museum will be open through the end of October, then closed for the winter months. The Museum will reopen in April with regular visiting hours. Arrangements may be made to pick up books by appointment by calling the farm office at 203–457–0770 or emailing info@dudleyfarm.com. They will also be available at The Dudley Farm Museum Winter Market, which is held the first Saturday of each month February through May, from 9AM to 12 PM in the Munger Barn. For more information on the Winter Market please visit our Market Schedule page.

The book is also available for purchase at the following locations:
  • Breakwater Books, Guilford, CT
  • Captain Morgan’s Bait & Tackle, Madison, CT
  • Henry Whitfield State Museum, Guilford, CT
  • Lakeside Feed, North Guilford, CT
  • The Little Store, North Guilford, CT
  • Page Hardware, Guilford, CT
The purchase price of the book including map is $39.99 plus sales tax ($ 2.54) for a total of $42.53.

Mail In Order Forms
Mail In Order Form (.doc file/32 KB)

Mail In Order Form (.pdf file/64 KB)


Voices from North Guilford Maps
Prior to the publishing of Voices from North Guilford, maps were on sale at The Dudley Farm Museum for $10.00 and included a $10.00 coupon* good towards the purchase of the book.


Antique photo of road work crew.
    
Elmer Anderson (extreme right) and a WPA road crew are shown widening Hemlock Avenue in the early 1930s. Originally called “New Road Hill”, this was (and still is) known as “Skunk Hollow” to North Guilfordites.

    




Pen and Ink Illustration by Doug Williamson.

Website designed and managed by Nimble Acorn Design.

Copyright © 2006-2013, The Dudley Foundation.
All rights reserved.